Any way to make the game window bigger for the exile trilogy?

jtotheroc

I apologize if this has already been answered elsewhere, went back about 5 pages in the exile forum then got tired of looking.

I'm playing exile 2 atm through virtualbox running XP, and was just wondering if anyone has figured out any good tricks for making the actual play window a bit larger. I loved these games as a kid and wanted to play through again but I feel like my eyeballs are going to fall out from trying to focus on that tiny section of the screen.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Awesome to see that Spiderweb has a somewhat-flourishing community around it! For years I thought they had disappeared.

The window is the size it is, I'm afraid. Blades of Exile is open-source now so there might be some prospect for a larger view area in fanmade builds, but as far as the Exile trilogy itself goes you're probably out of luck. My best suggestion is to use some kind of screen-magnifying software to upscale it.

The window is the size it is, I'm afraid. Blades of Exile is open-source now so there might be some prospect for a larger view area in fanmade builds, but as far as the Exile trilogy itself goes you're probably out of luck. My best suggestion is to use some kind of screen-magnifying software to upscale it.

Alrighty, thanks for the reply.

The other alternative is a hardware magnifier where you clamp a large area magnifying glass between you and the screen so you have both hands free to play.

lol that sounds like a bit more effort than I want to go through to play a 20 year old game. Tried a few free software magnifiers but they're all bound to the mouse, so, no go.

I might just run it through a TV.

• 3 weeks later...