Sped up? A4-6

Meri20098

Does it seem like there's less to do quest wise at all? I feel like I try to get every single quest and try to finish it before the endgame but in A4-6 I feel like the endgame is coming a lot sooner than it did for A:EFTP and A:CS so I don't have as much time to do things.

Maybe it's just me? But you keep getting promoted after three tasks and the tasks aren't even that hard. I don't mean the difficulty setting in my game is too low, it just feels like the quests are too simple and easy.

A:EFTP and A2:CS are much longer games than A4-A6 are, no question.

One big difference is that in A4-6 you go through the world more or less in order. The extra freedom in most of the first trilogy (including EFTP and CS) means there are more quests (and purchaseables, etc.) linking stuff in very different locations. A4 might have plenty of quests per town but you tend to complete most of a town's quests in short order. In A2:CS you might have a lot more reasons to keep revisiting Almaria, Dharmon, or the Tower of Magi, for example.

The use of a world map + zone system, rather than one big seamless map like in A4-6, also means there's more area to explore, period.

The main drawback for me is the finality; once you clear an area, there's nothing else to do. In Exile and the first Avernums, you could have endless outdoor battles and reset towns/dungeons using the editor (which extended the games tenfold for me). Sometimes I like to just take my mind off of things and do some brainless killing with my maxed out party.