A5 killing spree

Meri20098

So I'm really confused because I work for the castle. When people insult me because of that fact, should I just go on a killing spree and kill them? I mean when you get the first major quest, it says that some Avernities will insult you for being an employee of the castle and that its ok to kill them.

What I'm really trying to ask is how do you tell the difference between the avernities you should kill and the ones you shouldn't?

You can, in theory, murder your way through most of the game if you want to: your goal is to get from point A to point Z, so in the long run it won't usually matter too much if you leave points B through Y a smoking ruin in the process. In practice, it's usually better to try diplomacy first, if only because you get more quests that way.

If you are playing through the game more than once, it becomes clear when you can go on a killing spree because you no longer need anyone in that area. You have done all their quests, bought everything you might need, and don't have a quest from a later area where you need to come back to the area to talk to some one there.