Trouble with Rakshasa lair and Thompson's hiding place

Has anyone else been unable to trigger the painting in Fort Remote? I've talked to Fraitus twice, left, come back much later in the game, worn tread marks into the floor in the guest room, all to no avail.

I've also been unable to get into the Rakshasa lair. Is there something I'm supposed to trigger elsewhere?

Has anyone else been unable to trigger the painting in Fort Remote? I've talked to Fraitus twice, left, come back much later in the game, worn tread marks into the floor in the guest room, all to no avail.

You should be able to interact with it by clicking on it, or by hitting the U key on your keyboard and then typing the corresponding letter that appears over it. If neither of those things work, are you sure you're in the correct room?

I've also been unable to get into the Rakshasa lair. Is there something I'm supposed to trigger elsewhere?

Look for a hidden switch on the east side of the wall.

Thanks! The hidden switch image is often so obvious I guess I wasn't looking close enough, because wow, that is one hidden switch. I stood in that corner and cast Move Mountains like three times. And I was expecting the painting to be one of those walk-up-to-it-and-you-trigger-it things like how almost everything else is. I did not know about the u shortcut, I'll remember that in the future.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...