wouldn't it be cool if the old heroes don't just disappear

well, i understand the avernum 1 heroes fate are up to whatever the player think they are, whether they are killed, or relaxing up in the surface, etc, but i think it would be better if the heroes worked fighting the empire from the background, collecting intels, researching, etc, etc even spying up in the surface if that's possible.

kinda like the hero of ferelden, we will never meet him/her again but we know he/she still exist and doing their things, affecting our adventures. with that, the character building and identity doesn't matter since there must be hundreds of different party combination there. people will just refer them as "the heroes"

What does prevent you from imagining your first party how you ever like?

I get it that after 'The heroes' did their duty to Avernum, they left Avernum to the surface and with the way to escape Avernum discovered they could visit their friends anytime they'd like again..

I like A:eftp soundtrack more than A2:cs. I just can't seem to get the same epic feeling from this soundtrack even though the story is still epic as in the A1. :lol:

The problem is that if the old heroes are still around then why are they letting a bunch of scrubs deal with the mess that they created by assassinating Hawthorne instead of taking care of business themselves. Leaving them as disappeared and presumably escaped to the surface under the witness protection program avoids that problem.

"hey can you help us clean up some problems? that you kind of caused?" "actually i have an appointment with a pina colada right about now, so if you'll excuse me"

Haha! I could imagine my warrior - character of 'The heroes' saying something like that. Although, everyone else in the party while they deem her necessary to stay alive are pissed off at her antics at times.

My tank character would be like "Why should we go back down there?! That dank, musty, old cave complex. The dust gets everywhere on my platemail, its annoying, Not to mention the barbaric Slithzerikai.. It makes it difficult to breath when your chest plate gets axed by such force."

Then my priest would be like "Shut up and lets just enjoy we are all still alive and most importantly Outside.. I have always been the one to nurse you together after these absolutely mad adventures. You just have to explore every single cave don't you?"

My sorceress would stop them all from complaining and likely say she's missing the tower of the mages and an enlightening talk with Motrax..

I assumed that they were out on the surface leading a secret resistance movement, fighting not just for Avernum but all the oppressed people of the empire as well.

my heroes probably was like

"umm this gonna cause problems right"

"yeah, and we let that ghazard get away"

"what do we do? up for a second adventure?"

"nah, **** this, **** avernum, **** the empire. just travel to a faraway land in tropical paradise and buy us a villa or 2 with these treasures"

"oh, i'm all up for it"

<__<

>__>