Won't Run in 1920x1080

Juan Carlo

I'm like 50 hours in and just got a new computer. I transfered my saves with steam cloud, but the game won't run in 1920x1080. It runs, but the screen is zoomed in, so it seems to actually be running at a different resolution. If might be running at the resolution from my previous save that steam cloud uploaded to the new pc along with my saves.

Any idea how to work around that?

I've selected "ask me at start up" and changed the resolution, but it doesn't seem to run the correct one.

I've tried a bunch of different resolutions and none look right. They are all either zoomed in, or cut off.

Kind of sucks, as this is really game breaking for me.

And I literally just installed 15 minutes ago, so I doubt reinstalling would help.

Anyone know what file saves resolution info? Perhaps I could delete it manually.

(edit...deleted "Avernum2settings.dat" and that didn't seem to work)

I realize that you can check "ask resolution on start." That doesn't work.

The computer is a laptop:

Windows 8.1

i7 processor

Nvidia Geforce 820m Video

8gig memory

Screen is 1920x1080 native, so I'd like to run it in that resolution if possible

The game works fine on my desktop, but none of its resolutions look right on my laptop. I just got the laptop 3 days ago, though, so it could be something with drivers or something (am not at all familiar with Nvidia cards on laptops).

Anyone have any ideas?

I still haven't resolved this. I've seen several other people with the exact same problem, so I'm pretty sure it's not just me. I did find one lower resolution that is the only one that seems to work without cutting parts of the screen off, though, so I'm just using that.

The game runs/looks fine at lower resolutions, but it's still kind of annoying/puzzling.