Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

MeetCrib9119

Hi everyone

Been playing Exile III since around 1997 or so, and I have returned, so there are two questions I've wondered the answers to:

1. There's a room/house in Silvar that comes up with a special encounter when you try to enter. I've never figured how to get into said room... so I wonder, is that just a room that you can't enter at all? Think I tried killing the townsperson in there before, but it didn't work.

2. When you purchase wine, ale, food etc. in an inn, does it stave off hunger for longer?

:) had a look to see if this had been asked before but I don't think it has!

1. I don't think you can. I remember I tried doing that too (don't know if it was Silvar? I think there are a few like this in the game). If you let the city get destroyed by plagues the rooms don't net you anything of value, so I would guess they're inaccessible.

2. Use the spell Mana. The cheap thing about Exile games is if you play them long enough, you can have an entire party that is maxed out in everything. I would cast the mana spell every now and then until all of my party was drained of SP, then just wander around and let it regenerate or rest. Especially when you gain higher intelligence, one cast can give you 20-30 food if I remember correctly, so you'll max out your food pretty quickly.

Buying wine, ale, etc doesn't have any positive effect.

it sometimes opens up dialogue, but i don't think it's ever necessary to use the dialogue if you have the keyword for it. tiresome little minmaxer i am, i've never really done it that much, but it's pretty easy to get 30,000 gold in E3 so i did it a lot in my last playthrough, and a few neat things show up dialogue-wise.

plus if horrid old grognards have taught me anything, it's that if you're gonna roleplay magickal jocks you might as well get them drunk in high fantasy dive bars