Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
MeetCrib9119 MeetCrib9119

New Arrival

• Member ID: 14,576
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThe Surface

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:40 AM #1 Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

Hi everyone

Been playing Exile III since around 1997 or so, and I have returned, so there are two questions I've wondered the answers to:

1. There's a room/house in Silvar that comes up with a special encounter when you try to enter. I've never figured how to get into said room... so I wonder, is that just a room that you can't enter at all? Think I tried killing the townsperson in there before, but it didn't work.

2. When you purchase wine, ale, food etc. in an inn, does it stave off hunger for longer?

:) had a look to see if this had been asked before but I don't think it has!

Lilith Lilith

in before the apocalypse

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 669
  • 19,828 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:58 PM #2 Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

I don't even remember the special encounter you're referring to -- some more details might help -- but the answer to question 2 is almost certainly no.

Vexivero Vexivero

Soldier

• Member ID: 6,683
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:26 PM #3 Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

1. I don't think you can. I remember I tried doing that too (don't know if it was Silvar? I think there are a few like this in the game). If you let the city get destroyed by plagues the rooms don't net you anything of value, so I would guess they're inaccessible.

2. Use the spell Mana. The cheap thing about Exile games is if you play them long enough, you can have an entire party that is maxed out in everything. I would cast the mana spell every now and then until all of my party was drained of SP, then just wander around and let it regenerate or rest. Especially when you gain higher intelligence, one cast can give you 20-30 food if I remember correctly, so you'll max out your food pretty quickly.

Celtic Minstrel Celtic Minstrel

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,296
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:59 PM #4 Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

Buying wine, ale, etc doesn't have any positive effect.
Exile 2 Book of Items (I didn't create it, I just converted it to HTML.)

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 2,577
  • 1,120 posts
  • Locationstuck on my Möbius staircase

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:08 PM #5 Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

It makes you drunk. There's some sort of effect that is applied to the party.
Behold! The Drizzle......of DEATH!!!!!! . . . . . . .-visual effect of using powerful spells in Avadon 2 (they're a bit of a letdown compared to their damage)

When they eventually find a piece of ash that they think was you, they bury it with great honor........ -A2CS ending script from portal explosion

ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 2,577
  • 1,120 posts
  • Locationstuck on my Möbius staircase

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:24 PM #6 Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

In A2CS drinking ale gives your party a war curse which is probably the closest to being drunk
Behold! The Drizzle......of DEATH!!!!!! . . . . . . .-visual effect of using powerful spells in Avadon 2 (they're a bit of a letdown compared to their damage)

When they eventually find a piece of ash that they think was you, they bury it with great honor........ -A2CS ending script from portal explosion

Celtic Minstrel Celtic Minstrel

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,296
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:52 PM #7 Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

If I recall correctly, drunkenness in Exile II/III is represented by the "dumbfounded" effect. The Avernum trilogy added an actual "drunk" effect.
Exile 2 Book of Items (I didn't create it, I just converted it to HTML.)

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

gem helper gem helper

Crystal Wifes

• Member ID: 13,405
  • 49 posts
  • LocationYES!

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:21 AM #8 Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

View PostCeltic Minstrel, on 02 February 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

Buying wine, ale, etc doesn't have any positive effect.
it sometimes opens up dialogue, but i don't think it's ever necessary to use the dialogue if you have the keyword for it. tiresome little minmaxer i am, i've never really done it that much, but it's pretty easy to get 30,000 gold in E3 so i did it a lot in my last playthrough, and a few neat things show up dialogue-wise.
plus if horrid old grognards have taught me anything, it's that if you're gonna roleplay magickal jocks you might as well get them drunk in high fantasy dive bars
ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

MeetCrib9119 MeetCrib9119

New Arrival

• Member ID: 14,576
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThe Surface

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:54 PM #9 Food/beer etc. at inns & a room in Silvar...

Hi guys, thanks for your responses :) that's that mystery solved for me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users