[Avernum 2: Crystal Souls] Ornotha Ziggurat (Spoilers)

I've ended up in Ornotha Ziggurat with a bunch of Vahnatai from Fort Haledon helping me out in a big combat at the entrance. The message dialogues seemed to indicate that there was a time-critical component to this. I'm still relatively early in the game, haven't explored any Empire lands at all, which is why I was a little surprised to pop out deep in enemy territory fighting Garzahd. I think I'm supposed to slip past, but he always seems to be camping out right where I need to go.

Anyway, I don't think I can make it through. Is it actually time-critical? Looking through my quests, I don't have anything specific to infiltrating Ornotha Ziggurat (after completing the Fort Haledon quest), but I don't want to let these dudes down after I told them they were ready and they marched out. Anybody know what happens if I just leave to go work on other parts of the game?

Anyway, I don't think I can make it through. Is it actually time-critical? Looking through my quests, I don't have anything specific to infiltrating Ornotha Ziggurat (after completing the Fort Haledon quest), but I don't want to let these dudes down after I told them they were ready and they marched out. Anybody know what happens if I just leave to go work on other parts of the game?

There really is a time limit that starts ticking once you tell the vahnatai to march on Ornotha Ziggurat. If it expires you can still enter the ziggurat, but you'll have to get in without help from the vahnatai, which will make your life harder.

There really is a time limit that starts ticking once you tell the vahnatai to march on Ornotha Ziggurat. If it expires you can still enter the ziggurat, but you'll have to get in without help from the vahnatai, which will make your life harder.

But if you can get past the first big fight with the help of the Vahnatai, you can leave the upper levels of Ornotha Ziggurat until later.

Thanks for the guidance. Once I realized that it was way easier to fight than to try to run around the outside, I got through without a problem.

I ran away a long time ago when he threw quick fire at me. Now I can't get back to the roof where he threw the quick fire at me. Am I hosed in a broken thread? I think killing him is the last thing I need to do to finish the game.

You can't kill him there -- if you take his health down below half during that fight he just flies away. You have to find his fortress and find a way to get in, kill him and get out. Erika, King Micah and Rentar-Ihrno can help you with that.

Thanks Lilith. When did that teleport option appear? I probably missed seeing it a hundred times. Welp that's done. When's the next installment? I love these games and buy them from Spiderweb when they come out. I do my part to line Jeff's pockets with gold and crystals and whole hams with wine and ale for his dinner. Seems like he likes those things.