I've tweaked text descriptions, item definitions, and creature colors that stood out as odd and potentially irritating. These edits don't touch combat balance or otherwise impact gameplay. Obviously, this mod is unsupported by Jeff and co. Use at your own risk, (especially for non-PC platforms because I have no way to test whether this runs properly on anything but a PC).
1. Black Basalt is now called Red Basalt, including in the quest.
2. As much as possible, the Serpent Cult is now the Worm Cult, and leftover references to snakes have been removed.
3. All items (except the Orb of Thralni and Demonslayer) are now sellable (though not necessarily worth anything). Trash, lizard eggs, maps, etc.
4. Limoncelli is no longer gray.
5. Altered giants are no longer gray.
1. Fixed Waterfall Warren Sliths
2. Changed intro text
3. Changed text related to looting the shrine in GIFTS cave
4. Tor now recognizes you from Fort Avernum
5. Infernal in Angierach now has a name
6. Mother Clarisse now asks for 500 coins to cure the Dread Curse, instead of the erronous 1000.
7. Fixed a variety of typos and odd phrasing
8. Changed frenzying mob pronouns from "it" to "they" (optional; don't copy over the file "mobfrenzy" if you like "it" over singular "they.")
How to use
1. Download the folder and uncompress it.
2. Open the scripts/resources folder. If on PC, go Program files > Spiderweb Software > Avernum 2 - Crystal Souls > Scripts. If on Mac, go Macintosh HD> Applications > Right Click on Avernum 2 and Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources (thanks Excalibur).
3. Backup the original scripts and replace them with the downloaded copies. (If for some reason you forget to do this or lose the backups, the original scripts can be downloaded here. But every time someone clicks that link, God puts feathers on another dinosaur.) Version 2 changes a few files that were already changed in Version 1, so if you downloaded that be sure to replace all files, even the duplicates.
4. That's it. Enjoy the mod.
Requests for help
1. Is everything working okay? No bugs or anything?
2. What other changes do you want to see in future updates of this mod?
Things I don't know how to change (please tell me if you do)
1. The name of the dungeon(s) Serpent Cult and Snake Pit. (Probably impossible)
2. Chitrach graphics.
3. Efreet graphics (probably impossible, unless replaced by a graphic already in the game)
4. Is there code for checking to see whether there are humans in a party?
5. If anyone can figure out the code to make a poor leather helmet no longer a requirement for entering the starting tunnel in Fort Ganrick, that would be great.
6. Is there any way to make the door in the Barrier (Pyrn's) Tower openable through tool use or a key?
7. Any ideas on the Angierach text boxes?
Mod, version 1
Original Scripts, version 1
[Edit: It helps if I actually put in the links, doesn't it?]
[Edit 2: Dikiyoba has updated the description and links to version 2]
Edited by Lilith, 26 December 2015 - 08:50 PM.