Priest spells Divine Retribution and Move Mountains

I actually think the opposite - *not* being able to attack friendly NPCs should be the bug, not the other way around. Not to sound anti-social or anything - just saying, freeform gameplay and all.

You probably don't have that some sort of freedom (like stealing) because your're Avernite soldier, not random adventurer like in A:EFTP.

I actually think the opposite - *not* being able to attack friendly NPCs should be the bug, not the other way around. Not to sound anti-social or anything - just saying, freeform gameplay and all.

The message you get when you attempt to attack a friendly character makes it pretty clear that the behaviour is intentional. The ability to attack friendly characters in the Mac version seems to be an accidental holdover from previous games.

How do I update my version of A2CS so that I can have the Int-based version of MM?

You don't: there's currently no version of A2:CS in which Move Mountains is Int-based. The version update people were talking about was for Avernum 1: Escape from the Pit, and applied to Divine Retribution, not Move Mountains.