Confused about a quest reward in Gnass (A2:CS)

So I returned a necklace to Pathass in Gnass, and he said that one of my rewards is access to a spell tome. I ask him, "Have you decided what you would like to teach me?" to which he responds, "Read my book, not the one in this chamber. The hidden one. It will open to you now." I'm not sure that that could get anymore cryptic... I've been running around Gnass like a madman and I can't find any spell tomes, hidden or otherwise. Does anyone know where I can find the tome he's talking about?

• 3 weeks later...

More of a general hint but realize that Jeff really doesn't like empty spaces in his towns/dungeons/maps. In built up areas (such as towns or dungeons that had lots of construction in them - rather than free formed caves) there's a good chance that any decent sized/oddly placed blank spots on the auto map contain a hidden room (such as in Gnass the entire right side of Pathass' temple is a black area while the rest of the down is discovered/mapped out). It's not always true but when you see a blank area in town or an oddly shaped dungeon where there 'might' be room to fit another room or two, it's probably worth your time to look extra closely at nearby walls for a hidden switch or two.