Giant Unfriendly Evil Spellcasting Talking Spiders

GIFTS spiders aranea

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
Kennedy Kennedy

Monitor

• Member ID: 773
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:57 AM #1 Giant Unfriendly Evil Spellcasting Talking Spiders

Considering their ability to cast spells it is quite possible the Aranea are capable of speech, though I always imagined they chose not to talk because of their high pitched, chirpy, happy sounding voices. Did the Aranea queen in Nethergate have a high pitched voice? I can't remember. Also was it sort of implied the GIFTs in Avernum did in fact originally come from the world of Nethergate? It's been a while since I played and I can't recall the GIFTs origin story all that well.

Jerakeen Jerakeen

Runcible Pastrytarian

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,477
  • 2,519 posts
  • LocationThree Sheets to the Wind house, in Sinshan

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:12 AM #2 Giant Unfriendly Evil Spellcasting Talking Spiders

Actually, it was sort of implied in Nethergate that the GIFTS came from Avernum. Though obviously that makes no sense.

Earth Empires Earth Empires

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,661
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:38 AM #3 Giant Unfriendly Evil Spellcasting Talking Spiders

Araneas can prolly speak but since they see non-Araneas as enemies they don't speak to them. That Spider Queen/God/whatever in AEFTP spoke but it didn't have anything interesting to say.

Edgwyn Edgwyn

Avernite Dervish

• Member ID: 10,154
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:21 PM #4 Giant Unfriendly Evil Spellcasting Talking Spiders

If it made sense then we would lose less of our sanity while playing, we can't have that.  While I vaguely, sort of, maybe subscribe to the idea that Genefore and Avernum are related, I believe that N:R takes place on a different planet than the others (which would of course not prevent the GIFTS from moving from Avernum to Nethergate).

Earth Empires Earth Empires

Heart of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,661
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:47 AM #5 Giant Unfriendly Evil Spellcasting Talking Spiders

GIFTS would just cast teleportation spell.

Kennedy Kennedy

Monitor

• Member ID: 773
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:42 PM #6 Giant Unfriendly Evil Spellcasting Talking Spiders

Never call an Aranea cute, They absolutely hate that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GIFTS, spiders, aranea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users