Avernum: Crystal Souls - Level 3 Spell Books (SPOILERS)

Randomizer - yeah, the issue with the numbers is it's difficult to parse out AL vs. SL vs. VL within your current totals for each spellbook. If you do have the patience for another non-SL playthrough and to then update the big list, that would be freakin' amazing. Not that you haven't done great work on the list already, as usual.

Does anyone know the answer to this question? I'm trying to decide who is going to train in the extra points of tool use before I get to that point in the game.

I just did the Demonslayer area and can confirm that you can go back and swap between characters as much as you like. You can have one character with Move Mountains, another character with Dispel Barrier and a third with 8 Tool Use and you'll be able to get the spell.

I just did the Demonslayer area and can confirm that you can go back and swap between characters as much as you like. You can have one character with Move Mountains, another character with Dispel Barrier and a third with 8 Tool Use and you'll be able to get the spell.

How tough was the fight after getting Demonslayer? Is it doable for a melee weapon user? Thanks for confirming.

How tough was the fight after getting Demonslayer? Is it doable for a melee weapon user? Thanks for confirming.

I used my priest, who was level 35 at the time, which was enough to make it pretty easy. There's a swarm of about half a dozen weak imps that usually mob you immediately, plus some stronger demons that are more widely scattered around the area. You can grab Demonslayer and do the fight with whichever party member you like, regardless of which party members you used to help open up the Icy Rain area.

• 5 years later...

Let's start with a simple check!

Have you reported your success in dealing with the Portal to Mahdavi? Along with the checks of your statistics, you also need to obtain permission from her to read the books. Shutting down the Portal isn't quite enough to learn the spells – Mahdavi needs to work a little magic to let you pass the defences on those powerful books!

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Kiran said:

Hi,

I searched Formello but could not find Cloak of Bolts level 3 spell book. Can anyone please tell me where exactly is it?

IIRC, behind a wall that can be taken down with Move Mountains ... but... you can't read it until you've talked to Patrick (so 2/3rd of the way through the game)