Experience points divided among PCs?

I'm not sure I understand the response. LOL. If each encounter awards each PC (whether solo or one of four in a party) say 100XP, how does the singleton get levels quicker? Are you saying the XP awarded scales with total level strength of a party? So if monster level 2 is killed by Party of 4 first level PCs then the ratio is 2-1 in favor of the players and XP awarded might be 100XP per PC. But in the same battle between monster level 2 and a singleton level 1 the ratio is 1-2 against the singleton so maybe he gets 200XP instead of 100XP?

I'm not sure I understand the response. LOL. If each encounter awards each PC (whether solo or one of four in a party) say 100XP, how does the singleton get levels quicker? Are you saying the XP awarded scales with total level strength of a party? So if monster level 2 is killed by Party of 4 first level PCs then the ratio is 2-1 in favor of the players and XP awarded might be 100XP per PC. But in the same battle between monster level 2 and a singleton level 1 the ratio is 1-2 against the singleton so maybe he gets 200XP instead of 100XP?

Experience is divided among all characters, but the XP awarded to each individual character scales based on the difference between that PC's level and the level of the monsters they're fighting: the higher the PCs' levels are, the less experience they'll gain. In other words, you can't get more than a few levels ahead of where the game expects you to be at any point, because if you do, you'll pretty much stop earning experience.

For example, let's consider a singleton at level 20 and a party of four at level 15, going through the same part of the game. Let's say the enemies in the area give 60 XP per kill to a level-15 party and 15 XP per kill to a level-20 party. So the level-20 singleton will get 15 XP per kill and each member of the level-15 party also gets 15 XP per kill (60 divided by 4): the singleton stays ahead in levels, but can't extend its lead any further. I just made up those numbers on the spot, but you get the idea. Once the singleton gets ahead in levels, it'll earn less and less experience until it's earning the same as each member of the full party.

Not for the same question but related somewhat - Unlike the way Spiderweb works XP in Avadon, members of your party won't earn experience when one member of your party is off doing singleton stuff. There are various places in the game (such as the various Vahnatai 'Test of ___' & a few other places) where you will need to send just one character off to do something. While he's gone he gets ALL the XP earned & the others get nothing. Not a big deal unless you are trying to keep everyone leveling up at roughly the same time. If you always send the same party member through to go do whatever then after a few of the mini quests/dungeons he's going to be a full level or so ahead of the others.

Similarly, if during combat someone gets knocked unconscious/'killled' then he doesn't earn XP from the time he's knocked out until he gets revived. Also not a big deal unless it is one member constantly getting 'killed' early in a fight, leaving the others to deal with waves & waves of goblins (& getting experience for it). Over time the imbalance will start to show.