• Announcements

• Coracle past Delphi

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Randomizer

Avernum : Crystal Souls - Items to keep (SPOILERS)

13 posts in this topic

Items to keep:

Some collection quest items will have an end when you turn in enough of them.

fire lizard egg

pipe

gold ring

iron bars

bags of meal

black basalt (3)

wine

aranea fangs (8)

Vahnatai cloak (2)

Fine razordisk (2)

Fine steel waveblade

graymold salve (3) - made in Almaria or found

graymold (3)

magical notes

Empire records

Bags of Sugar

Hammer

beaker, abacus, hourglass, mortar and pestle - you can find in nearby dungeons

potion herbs - healing spiritual, energetic, graymold, mandrake root

craft - fine leather, focusing crystal, fine steel

Edit - added mssing quest items.

I suggest adding a warning - Fine Steel looks a lot like gold, especially hazardous if you've been looting on autopilot since the loot bag was introduced.

I've somehow managed to miss the person who buys magical notes, and my Google-fu has failed me. Where are they?

Edit: a lengthy search through the item list topic yields an NPC in Fort Remote. I've been looking around, but either they're evading me spectacularly or they're not here.

Edit 2: The NPC in question is there, but outside the fort's walls. Question answered. Yay.

It looks like iron bars are only needed for the Fort Draco/Kellia quest, which is completed when the barriers come down - so there are no quest/XP rewards for collecting them after that point, ja?

It looks like iron bars are only needed for the Fort Draco/Kellia quest, which is completed when the barriers come down - so there are no quest/XP rewards for collecting them after that point, ja?

No there isn't any point except to go back and have the quest removed from your growing list.

Thanks, Randomizer - that's one more thing that'll eventually be out of my luggage.

EDIT: Just saw Slarty's new topic that's replaced this one in Strategy Central; it also explains this. Thanks again.

is bag of coal worth anything i.e. quest ?

where do you trade in bag of meal? is it harston?

Coal is only for selling.

Bag of meal is in Harston.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. All questions will be answered eventually and hopefully before the universe reaches its end. :)

So do you NOT just sell iron bars you find right away to Kelia for quest? Should I be saving them and why?

In A:CS you sell them in Fort Draco as soon as possible because there isn't a demand later in the game.

In A:CS you sell them in Fort Draco as soon as possible because there isn't a demand later in the game.

Thanks!