Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic
Richard Bacon Richard Bacon

Mercenary

• Member ID: 14,268
  • 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:30 AM #1 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

In my opinion i wish the company wouldve continued the story as Exile IV but now its avernum 4 (avernum trilogy) as i liked the 2D graphics, was easy and simple, now its 3D, and does anyone still play the Exile Series
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

The Englishman Character in "The Black Castle"

gem helper gem helper

Crystal Wifes

• Member ID: 13,405
  • 49 posts
  • LocationYES!

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:55 PM #2 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

I've been replaying the Exile series as a personal project, actually. Exile 2 is one of my favorite games, E3 is also real great (I kinda hate the plot though :/), and I've been playing E1 for the first time lately.

In a way Nethergate is kind of like a spiritual successor to the Exiles; it continues themes from E2/E3 which weren't exactly continued in A4.
ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:41 AM #3 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

I wish they wouldve continued the trilogy as exile to tho. Liked it bein 2D
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

DeltanAmbassador DeltanAmbassador

Citizen

• Member ID: 12,497
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:33 PM #4 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

View PostRichard Bacon, on 07 January 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

In my opinion i wish the company wouldve continued the story as Exile IV but now its avernum 4 (avernum trilogy) as i liked the 2D graphics, was easy and simple, now its 3D, and does anyone still play the Exile Series

Playing Blades atm. Have Exile 3 installed and ready to lay, but Blades has some things I prefer. Ironically, 3 has some things I prefer too. :) The all-inclusive, all-in-one world vs lots of little ones mostly. But a big part fo the allure of these games is exploration and discovery. Now that I've played through 3 so many times it's like ya need an Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind service to zap those memories from ya so you can re-discover it all. :) Why Blades is more alluring. User-made content's great, new, if frustrating. Only knock about it might be how much of what's in the game isn't in the stock 3 missions. Highest level spells for example, and some of the glitches about inpermanance of items in some of the best scenarios (FS this means you.) :)

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:06 AM #5 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

i tried to play blades of exile but dont know how to, as how can i install it when theres no setup.exe or anything. can someone give me a fownloader that does NOT require INTERNET cus i got no internet on the computer i use for these games, i got exile off a shareware disk and made game discs. Can anyone give me a download so i can store it on my floppy disk till i get home
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Celtic Minstrel Celtic Minstrel

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 5,296
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:35 AM #6 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

This isn't exactly the right place for BoE discussion, but... you can go to this post and download it. There's no setup.exe in that package; you need 7-zip to extract it, and if you get DLL errors you'll need to run the VCRedist installer. Also, the Windows version won't work on anything earlier than XP (and probably not even on XP). The Mac version is Intel-only.
Exile 2 Book of Items (I didn't create it, I just converted it to HTML.)

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:30 AM #7 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

Ok just asking, lets go back on topic then :p. Thx celtic even tho u gave me it. My windows comp couldnt read the archive but anyways thx
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:41 AM #8 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

Like I said, you can download 7-zip to extract it. Though I suppose I could also make a conventional zip-file, if that's easier.

"Man, I know how you feel. I once spent an hour playing WordPad before realising that it was a text editor." – Thuryl

"Dikiyoba just hopes no one ever blows up Saturn. Getting those rings back into their proper position would take hours."

"—Alorael, who spells phoenetically. No matter how much his orthography is a wreck, intelligibility rises from the ashes."

"I've never played a Spiderweb game. I didn't even know SW made games until I saw this thread." —Nikki

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:59 AM #9 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

Yea that would, but i opened it on a mac and stored it on my flashdrive but the folder still is unreadable flr the windows so yea a .zip would be good
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני ĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 2,577
  • 1,120 posts
  • Locationstuck on my Möbius staircase

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:23 PM #10 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

Try winrar for opening zip files
Behold! The Drizzle......of DEATH!!!!!! . . . . . . .-visual effect of using powerful spells in Avadon 2 (they're a bit of a letdown compared to their damage)

When they eventually find a piece of ash that they think was you, they bury it with great honor........ -A2CS ending script from portal explosion

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:54 AM #11 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

In this case it's a 7z file.

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:35 PM #12 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

ok so anyone else still play the exile series or wish they continued asd exile IV
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Eye of Avadon

• Global Moderator
  • 3,868 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:55 PM #13 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

I fully intend to play through the Exile series at least once (though I might skip the first one). I haven't gotten around to it yet, though. I suppose it might've been nice if he'd continued it instead of remaking it, but I don't really mind the Avernum series either. It has some downsides (only four party members, for example), but it's also better in some ways.

Hand of Avadon

• 1,120 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:37 AM #14 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

i never got into the Exile 1 either. i started out with Exile 3 and moved on to exile 2. but by the time i went to exile 1 the graphics and game engine were such a big step back that i couldn't play it for more than ten minutes.
Behold! The Drizzle......of DEATH!!!!!! . . . . . . .-visual effect of using powerful spells in Avadon 2 (they're a bit of a letdown compared to their damage)

When they eventually find a piece of ash that they think was you, they bury it with great honor........ -A2CS ending script from portal explosion

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:46 AM #15 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

I liked having 6 player characters too, cus then i could still use the original names, what i dont like with avernmum is its 3D which would mean we will have hard times with the camera view. Like cant see if ur behind a wall. Thats why i like the 2D . Like paper mario and of course the Exile I-III series
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

Hand of Avadon

• 1,120 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:28 PM #16 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

Also having three tanks blocking off enemies while three mage/priests rain down death is great.
Switching over to four characters was a real change and needed big adjustments in tactics

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:33 AM #17 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

well sort of 4 combatants fir me, cus i gave adrianna alot of armor xD and accidently bought a cursed broadsword, cursed greathem, cursed shield,cursed boots,and cursed chainmail, dint know what cursed did but now his encumberance is 25, so i have to get a higher defend skill now lol, hes now the cursed man id say(graphic is the red guy with dagger and shield, not mage) kinda like throg
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

gem helper gem helper

Crystal Wifes

• Member ID: 13,405
  • 49 posts
  • LocationYES!

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:45 AM #18 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

View PostCeltic Minstrel, on 11 January 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

I fully intend to play through the Exile series at least once (though I might skip the first one). I haven't gotten around to it yet, though. I suppose it might've been nice if he'd continued it instead of remaking it, but I don't really mind the Avernum series either. It has some downsides (only four party members, for example), but it's also better in some ways.

exile 1 is okay, but exile 2 is a way, way better game. i don't regret playing it but avernum 1 was more fun for me - there's some crude stuff about the interface, gameplay, and plot that gets way better later in the series.
ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:26 PM #19 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

Havent played Exile 1 ir 2 but really like 3 except for being  doomed to valorim until further notice :-\
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

AndyLandy AndyLandy

Citizen

• Member ID: 422
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:19 AM #20 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

Bit of an old topic, but yeah, I've just rediscovered my Trilogy CD and am playing my way through Exile 1 once again. It's been great fun so far. Looking forward to II and III later. :)
--
Andrew Landells

Tyranicus Tyranicus

Dollop of Whipped Cream

• Member ID: 4,151
  • 4,536 posts
  • LocationShadowvale

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:00 AM #21 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

View PostCeltic Minstrel, on 11 January 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

View PostĐªгŦĦ Єяŋϊε דארת ערני, on 10 January 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

Try winrar for opening zip files
In this case it's a 7z file.
WinRAR can open 7z files as well.
"There are less fortunate people out there who can't sit in a chatroom and complain about privilege. You should check your privilege-checking privilege." —Dintiradan
BoA Scenario DatabaseSpiderweb Music DatabaseNethergate Graphics RewindAvernum Side Quest ListExile & Avernum for Intel Macs

Mercenary

• 89 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:30 AM #22 Avernum or Exile IV,anyone still play the exile series

This topic is really old yea lol, i ahvent been on the forum for a long while up until i now started playing Blades of Exile again,

6 Characters is best, in Exile 3, idk why they would have to make it 4 >.>.

In dungeons with stretch tables that go accross the room, leaving 1 open speace of movement on the ends by the wall

2 characters to block the pathways and 3 magicians to throw magic over the table, Good way to do things
Sincerely,
Richard Bacon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users