Avernum 3 Let's Play!

Miranda is a recruitable NPC, hence she is very powerful by comparison with the PCs. (She has a Dread Curse level of 2?!)

Reward for helping the Vampire, rather than the Ogres, was a level in the Find Herbs skill. This lets you find alchemical herbs in the wilderness.

Edited by Ishad Nha

Berra, in SE of Fort Emergence, is the man to discuss evidence you find.

Wolf Pit, the dungeon between the Bandit Hideout and the Goblin Lair, had a few interesting items behind a secret door and a big rock. Now you can clean out the areas you could not access before.

Around day 160 a quest develops, you will probably finish the game long before then. You may need to use the Character Editor to set the day forward, so the quest actually happens. You are probably strong enough to do it now. A good time to do it is after you defeat the golems.

My party was level 47,48 and had most of the third-level spells before they did the Pit of the Wyrm.

I would emphasize melee by the front rank PCs. Ditto spells that buff. It seems that if an attack does not kill the Abyssal Slime in one go the thing will split. Be careful of using attack spells in that case.

Edited by Ishad Nha

Go upstairs, I go to the center and use mirrors to smash up the laser beam projectors.

After that, look for the controls and turn off the power. Then you can smash the globes that power the creation of golems. Then clean up the lower two levels.

Use Radiant Shield for protection against golems and lasers.

Moving in combat mode is annoying but it enables you to dodge the beams.

You have to stick the video URL in [media][/media] tags, like so:

Yeah... unfortunately, the two previous posts were done that way, and it still didn't work. In addition, in the past I never had to add the media tags... putting the links there myself were generally enough, and the forum automatically added it.

Now, even with the Media tags put in, it wasn't working for the past three episodes.

Yeah... unfortunately, the two previous posts were done that way, and it still didn't work. In addition, in the past I never had to add the media tags... putting the links there myself were generally enough, and the forum automatically added it.

Now, even with the Media tags put in, it wasn't working for the past three episodes.

Looks like the URL has to start with http:// and not https:// or it won't work.

I still have that issue. I usually finish the game with my characters loaded down with every single potion that can be picked up.

Yeah pretty much. Every potion, and every coin, thanks to rarely spending money too.

Moving on, we head through a hidden passage and find the consequences of something we've been doing throughout the game.