Avernum 3 Let's Play!

still haven't got into those ambushes I warned about?

It appears I haven't. I admit, I have no idea where these ambushes you mentioned could be. Did I already pass where they were or something?

And I admit, I keep forgetting about Radiant Shield.

Either way, for now? Onwards to finding the Ritual of Sanctification! I'm sure it's around here somewhere...

its been years since I played A3 thru but it was in empire's lands (some northern area) and simple townies and killing those angered town nearby which was supposed to give/teach something useful, of course I wandered around area so could be that you have avoided it by not wandering that much while I went somewhere I wasn't supposed or wrong way.

walkthrough ain't helping since ambushes mentioned in wt are mostly by non-human.

With Ernest's teleportation hut you can travel to Lorelei and Gale. Then you can use the Jewel of Return (or a Recall Crystal) to travel back home.

Some dungeons are not immediately accessible, you must find an item or pay someone to learn the location.

There is an unexplored area north of the Inn of Blades.

Edited by Ishad Nha

I'll check out the place you mentioned soon enough. And while Ernest's Teleportation is handy for speedy travel, there's one reason I don't use it...

As far as I know, you have to go through wooden floors to reach the portals. And horses won't travel over it. Meaning you'd be losing your horses. Not something I want to do.

That said, I gotta say I really like this dungeon. It's a fun one.

[media]

[/media]

EDIT: I've also done a Vlog today addressing something people have asked, and something I'd like to hear your opinions about.

With Ernest's teleportation hut you can travel to Gale. As you can't bring horses with you, this idea is for shopping trips not exploring the countryside around the city.

Then you can use the Jewel of Return (or a Recall Crystal) to travel back home. Once you return, it is only a short walk to retrieve your horses from Ernest's hut.

"This is denied you", there is no access to this room before you kill the Haakai.

In the tower you missed a pool that gives you a point in Gymnastics.

Vlog: Avernum Remakes have different game mechanics, this might make for an interesting discussion of how to actually play the remakes.

Barter is a useful skill, it increases the money you get from selling items, see the notes in the topic "Avernum 3 - Skills FAQ (Rune Reading, Nature Lore, Tool Use/Unlock Doors, Barter)".

One convenient way to use the Orb of Thralni to explore is to keep the Automap showing and access the Orb by the "Show inventory for (PC Name)" button.

If you are about to drown on the next move because you went too far from land, you can use the Jewel of Return to save your party.

There are two types of rocks in the water:

one is a single rock, its graphic is the rightmost graphic in 750.bmp

the other is a group of three rocks, its graphic is the seventh in 795.bmp.

When flying you can't land on the first one. But you can land on the second one and then take off from it. Your flying range from the shore can thus be extended by the occurence of the second type of rock.

Edited by Ishad Nha

If you are looking for ways to offload money, the Xian Skull said something to the effect of "I hear Gale has a nice library".

In the Lower Giant Caverns you will be meeting some really fun monsters called Dark Wyrms. To beat them I was using Invulnerability Potions and Elixirs. Their melee attack may be easier than their ranged attack but it is not easy to survive long enough to get close to them.

Edited by Ishad Nha

Near the altar with the quickfire, there is a secret door but it only opens when the trap has been activated.

You missed two secret areas, this may impact your ability to finish the Bruskrud quests.

Giant Forge is full of painful places as you will soon see...

Your Mage could presumably cast Mage spells while wearing Plate Mail, given enough Hardiness.

Edited by Ishad Nha

You cast Far Sight spells in the wrong places. You missed a treasure in the extreme SE.

You also missed a secret passage at the end of the eastern lava river, a back door into the treasure room.

You should go to Gale, use Ernest's teleport if necessary.

In the Lower Giant Caverns you will be meeting some really fun monsters called Dark Wyrms. To beat them I was using Invulnerability Potions and Elixirs.

In the Lower Giant Caverns you will be meeting some really fun monsters called Dark Wyrms. To beat them I was using Invulnerability Potions and Elixirs.

Will be? I think you mean DID. Fought them in the second part. And killed them through haste, buffs, and lots of healing. And snagged one into my Soul Crystal. I tell you now, it will become my ace in the hole for certain fights.

For now though, I explore a bit to the east and the west.