Is there a way to track your stash in G2?

Purplewisp

Is there a way to locate a stash, or an item that you misplaced or sold accidentally?

I've been replaying through Geneforge 2 as a pure shaper/ buffer and I've gotten into a bad habit of dropping piles of loot in various areas so that inventory management isn't too tedious and somehow the only item I have misplaced so far is for a +shaping belt recipe. I literally haven't lost anything else for longer than a few minutes, I'm starting to question whether I picked it up.. Maybe theres a way to read my save file to see where its at? I guess it isn't terribly important, after getting drayks I'm invincible, I have 200 essence free, so its not like my drayks need to be doing more damage or tanking more.

Any help is appreciated!

I'm not aware of any shortcut methods for locating misplaced items. Sorry.

You could check here - it summarizes the items needs for crafting for the unique equipment, and mentions which zones they are in. That would at least help you confirm whether you've actually even visited the zone of the item you're not sure you lost.

I'm not aware of any shortcut methods for locating misplaced items. Sorry.

You could check here - it summarizes the items needs for crafting for the unique equipment, and mentions which zones they are in. That would at least help you confirm whether you've actually even visited the zone of the item you're not sure you lost.

I'm missing the focus orb, which I know is in the three warrens on the pedestal in the middle where you kill the named caster boss. It seems likely that I sold it, since I would remember dropping it somewhere.. probably. It isn't too hard to go and check every shop, the only problem is I decided to kill one of the awakened researchers and I shopped there pretty often. I'm pretty sure theres no way to get loot from a shop keeper thats angry with you. I've always wanted to kill every single creature in a Geneforge game and I've finally got a character to roleplay that would do so.. I might spare the loyalists however. I might just have to hack my save after I've 100% (well, 99% not like I want every crafted item) it, if I ever end up wanting to do so, I'll probably end up replaying it instead.

• 4 weeks later...