Questions about tinkermage and overall balance

shadow9d9

I am about level 13/14 right now, playing on hard, with a party made up of my main tinkermage, blademaster, and sorc. I find that the freeze turret is insanely powerful. Without it, I don't know how my party would have survived this far. Is the Tinkermage overpowered compared to everyone else? Does this balance out eventually? The difficulty spiked after the first area. The corruption is much harder. It made me think that I might have missed an area. I have to put down a turret nearly every battle, and since it consumes so much mana, go back to avadon after every 4-6 battles.

Is this what everyone else experienced? 2 tinkermages in the same party would be unstoppable at this point in the game...

Tinkermages are over powerful, but they can still have problems since turrets disappear when they go unconscious. There are players that want them to fight so that can be riskier. You can get to almost the game's end with just a Tinkermage and no Hand assistance on torment difficulty.

The Corruption is harder because monsters there attack against endurance rather than dexterity for evasion and resistance.

I find it extremely unlikely that the Tinker Mage will disappear from Avadon 3. When Jeff added the Tinker Mage to Avadon 2, he increased the number of hands by one. If he creates a new class for Avadon 3, he will probably just do the same thing. I suspect that there will be some balancing of the Tinker Mage in Avadon 3, just like there was of the shadow walker in Avadon 2, since a lot of us perceive the tinker mage as being overpowered.

The beta testing Tinkermage was even more over powered until Jeff rearranged the center column to slow down increasing the turret creation levels. But it's still the only class that can increase evasion to all damage attacks. Plus they can get 2 turrets and a summoned pet for an instant army to protect him.

Blademaster gets both evasion and parry, but neither chance is as high.