[A5] How To Cheaply Defeat Moref The Shade(Torment)

Vexivero

This was one of the most annoying fights for me, so I figured since I found out this little tactic someone else might get some use out of it as well. Plus, I did a bit of searching when I needed help and there was no solid technique of beating this guy aside from trying to kill all the servants at once, which is pretty hard as well considering you're healing your characters for over half your moves.

All 4 of my characters can cast high level mage spells as well as some priest spells, so the technique you use may be a little different.

Start out by hasting everybody in your party, then placing your entire party around the shade in the middle. Once he turns hostile and summons the 7 servants, slow every one but before you use your last turn hit the 'F' key so that it'll take you out of combat at the end of the round. Now, save the game.

Every round, Moref moves to another servant, so all you have to do is try looking out for the impossible-to-see light that swirls around one of the servants, but if you don't get it then just reload. This is where it's advantageous to have 4 magecasters, because lightning spray mows down the servants and you can heal yourself with the remaining moves. Again, hit the 'F' key before the final move so it'll take you out of combat at the end of the round. This way you can keep saving for each time you injure Moref. Now just keep doing this until Moref comes out.

Once Moref comes out, you can just leave and heal up by going back through Solberg's Tower. When you go back, Moref will still be there and still at the same health you left him at.