Slith Castle Altar - how to get past it?

In slith Castle there is one room with altar. When You come to it it says something about wave of heat you get dmg and can not move farther. Far sight spell shows that there is secret passage on the right side of the altar still i can not get there.

I cleared all rooms, got rid of Shh-thsss and still can't get past altar in "slith church". Is there any switch to do it? Or maybe special skill or something (i remember "cleanse" skill but it was in A2 i believe).

It may not be Reputation, this is the relevant pair of messages:

As you reach the top of the stairs, the altar starts to flash red and get hot. A wave of searing wind throws you back.

As you reach the top of the stairs, the altar starts to flash red and get hot. A wave of searing wind tries to throw you back, but the holy energy you can summon cuts through the heat. You can proceed.

What "holy energy" means I don't know. Priest Spells level?

JV's games tend to have places (sometimes hard to reach) which contain nothing or nothing valuable compared to efforts it took to get there.

It makes these games such different from everything else, where it is always "harder to get - more worth it" :) Yet we still strive to get to such places because other games taught us to do so.