Exile II on crossover

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic
BainIhrno BainIhrno

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 3,311
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:57 PM #1 Exile II on crossover

I've downloaded Exile II for Windows, and am attempting to use CrossOver (the newest version) to launch it, but I get an error message saying, "Remove an existing group to install the game" (something to that extent). Does anyone play the game using CrossOver and/or know what to do? Thanks.

EDIT: never mind, it works

Tyranicus Tyranicus

Dollop of Whipped Cream

• Member ID: 4,151
  • 4,536 posts
  • LocationShadowvale

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:59 AM #2 Exile II on crossover

For what it's worth, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of installing the games, I've made Mac apps of the Exile and Avernum trilogies using Wineskin. You can download them here.
"There are less fortunate people out there who can't sit in a chatroom and complain about privilege. You should check your privilege-checking privilege." —Dintiradan
BoA Scenario DatabaseSpiderweb Music DatabaseNethergate Graphics RewindAvernum Side Quest ListExile & Avernum for Intel Macs

BainIhrno BainIhrno

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 3,311
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:30 AM #3 Exile II on crossover

Cool, although the character editor is an alias.

Tyranicus Tyranicus

Dollop of Whipped Cream

• Member ID: 4,151
  • 4,536 posts
  • LocationShadowvale

Posted 21 November 2014 - 11:24 AM #4 Exile II on crossover

Yeah, for some reason that alias broke, even though the one for Exile 1 did not.  You can find the actual character editor, but right-clicking the Exile 2 app, and selecting show package contents.
"There are less fortunate people out there who can't sit in a chatroom and complain about privilege. You should check your privilege-checking privilege." —Dintiradan
BoA Scenario DatabaseSpiderweb Music DatabaseNethergate Graphics RewindAvernum Side Quest ListExile & Avernum for Intel Macs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users