Avernum mod to get 6 characters

I remember a long time ago buying the whole Exile set and playing the heck out of it. Then I find out it was remade and I can actually play it on Windows 7, and then I emidiately buy it, dowload it, start playing it, then quit. Only 4 characters? Seriously? I loved Exile becuase you could have up to 6 and have so many different options, but now?? I'm the kind of guy who likes lots of options and I love the new improvements, additional 3 games and everything they have done with Avernum. But two massive things stand in my way of even being able to play the game at all. You only get 4 character, and the fact there are so few spells now its barely even worth it to have a mage or priest with you. Does anyone have or know of or can possably make a mod that can give you 6 characters and give you all the Exile spells? adding 2 characters probobly wouldn't be too hard but the spells bit might be tricky especially with the old school AoE spells like fireball (my favoroite) and firestorm (love at first explosion). Although to be honest I would be happy with just getting my two other characters back. The spells that are there arnt bad, I just miss my old arsenal, and I would love a mod that made some of those weaker spells more usefull, like making flame arrows or ice bolts actually powerfull, or making flame usefull (good luck lol). I would love to be able to fall in love with Avernum like I did Exile

The number of spells is fixed, but the spells can be modified. Old school AoE were added back in the later games and the First Avernum Trilogy remakes: Avernum: Escape from the Pit and Avernum: Crystal Souls (available in a few months). Most of the old spells weren't that useful.

Most of the old spells weren't that useful.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Some of them weren't useful, to be sure, but some were rather strong; and there were twice as many spells (or more, depending on the precise games we compare), and there was a hugely greater variety of spell effects.

• 3 weeks later...

Mind duel was always one that I liked in theory but didn't really use much except when necessary. Also, the Capture Soul and Simulacrum spells were handy. Of course, this is Exile 2-3.

As for Exile 1, there were some odd spells: Location, the different levels of curses, mages had a tiny bless and curse spell. Magic Map was nifty if you felt you were missing something and had a sapphire.

Overall, from playing A:EftP, I prefer the new spells.