Background Music

houly

Anyone else play music in the background while playing Avadon 2? I have an iPad and I just recently downloaded Jeremy Soule's Skyrim soundtrack. I have this in the background while playing. Gives an awesome experience since you can hear the music as well as the swords clashing and the uggg! while your enemies fall.

I play most of my games with background music (usually turning off music in-game, as it is very rarely anything

I want to listen to for hours and hours). It's amazing, really, how sometimes a new song starts just as you're opening

a door to a dungeon. I have a long playlist on shuffle. It's a mix of abstract/minimalist electronic and experimental music:

Tod Dockstader, Eliane Radigue, La Monte Young, Infinite Frequencies, Brood Ma, Phill Niblock, Alvin Lucier, Pauline Oliveros. I add

in some recent rap/pop music, such as Lil Wayne, Tinashe, Bladee, Milo Mills. Instrumental dance music mixtapes are great too

(deep/tech house). And then some classical music too, like Brahms' sonatas & concertos, maybe some piano music from Satie or Chopin,

you know, basic classical stuff. Pretty much everything works great, but I tend not to have music with lyrics, save for the one or two

current fave track.

Best experiences have been playing Shadowrun: Dragonfall with that stuff on (the combination of dance music & abstract-y drones

works wonders), and then listening to a lot of Black Metal and Noise while playing Half-Life 2.

I actually really like Avadon's in-game sound effects and ambiences.

• 4 months later...