• Announcements

• Coracle past Delphi

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bushwhacker2k

The Inevitable End - Should I keep playing?

3 posts in this topic

It's something that happens to me in virtually every RPG I play. When the end is in sight, when development of my character ceases... I lose interest. It happens with all the Avernum games I've beaten, it happened with Geneforge 1 (albeit the design of that game made development a little uninteresting quite early on)- but with Avernum 1-3 I've pushed on and beaten all 3.

I think it hit me in Nethergate much earlier than in A1-3. Probably because the possibility of character growth through training was much greater- but there was so little payoff (there's like NO MONEY in this game! 75%+ of possible training will not be used with a full party, it's painful).

It's gotten to the point where I'm not paying any attention to the loose ends that I haven't fully explored, I'm not bothering to loot many things, I'm barely paying attention.

Getting to the end of a game is rough for me.

I'm not sure if I should just stop and maybe come back and beat it later. I don't know if it's worth sticking through it at this rate.

Are you grabbing gear left by dead monsters and selling it? Tedious but it does raise money.

I enjoyed the ending, I think it is worth experiencing.

Curtis likes this

Most spells can be obtained for free if you're patient, but it's probably too late for that now.

And yes, you'll be missing out if you don't see the ending. If nothing else, there's one uber-powerful item you haven't seen yet.