• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic
Bushwhacker2k Bushwhacker2k

Watcher

• Member ID: 8,275
  • 169 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:08 AM #1 Wrapping up Goagh-Nar

So I have been playing NG: Resurrection as the Celts (played as the Romans a while back and fared somewhat poorly).

I think I've pretty much been all over Shadowvale at this rate, so I thought it would be a good idea to enter Goagh-Nar, but I definitely missed at least 1 of the 6 keys I would have liked to have before going through. (I say this, but I wouldn't be worrying about it if I wasn't pointlessly bared from re-entering... but I digress, I'll get absolutely everything when I replay as Roman later)

I'm pretty confident I've gotten nearly everything you can get in Goagh-Nar (including stumbling upon an exploitable infinite-spawn where I can go Under Goagh-Nar and light these braziers to make 2 undead spawn who frequently drop decent loot), but there are a few things I simply couldn't figure out.

Posted Image

1 - At the topmost center area of Under Goagh-Nar... I simply cannot figure out how to get there. Maybe it's Romans only? I theorized that it's directly beneath the gaping hole in Upper Goagh-Nar, but you aren't given an option to go down the hole (even tried the feather-fall wand).

Posted Image

2 - The locked chest slightly to the Northwest in Upper Goagh-Nar, which I assume requires the 5th or 6th of the 6 Sylak keys (in the square room just east of-

3 - the 2 square areas I was unable to access. By looking at the map above they're pretty easy to notice, the two beige areas within the uncovered map area. I suspected that maybe the locked chest mentioned in 2 would have a button to open the western one, and that the other one would be accessed by the-

4 - Sarcophogus, which is just North of the Eastern beige block. I figured this had a hidden switch inside that I simply couldn't find. (I have to assume there was something to do at the Sarcophogus, because otherwise it's a locked room with nothing in it) But on the other hand I put a lot of spare points into luck and I still couldn't find anything (though maybe I'm supposed to have one really high luck score, rather than a bunch of characters with some luck).

5 - The other locked chest, located in the small gray rectangular room just above the Eastern gatehouse (the oblongly-shaped maroon room just to the right of the path leading North from the very bottom. I assume this is also simply a chest that can be unlocked by the 5th or 6th key.

Just for kicks, last map of Goagh-Nar:

Posted Image

If you have any ideas or answers on the listed things that I couldn't clear, or something else to mention, go right ahead.
Stupid is as stupid does

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:06 AM #2 Wrapping up Goagh-Nar

When you are missing a Sylak key, there should be a message about having trouble picking the lock, but you still have a slight chance of lucking out and getting it.  I do remember that you want all the keys before coming here.

1. I think you are right about it being for only one party.  There are a few things in each dungeon that are like that and that one is a few minor items and some experience killing things.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Watcher

• 169 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:19 AM #3 Wrapping up Goagh-Nar

Ah! I have really been neglecting most of the spells (been so hesitant since they're rather expensive compared to the basic stuff), didn't realize what Piercing Sight did! (In fairness that's a spell I've neglected in my entire time playing Spiderweb Software games)

Both beige squares are simply empty space (so write off #3)- but! in my time running around casting Piercing Sight I found out there was an area I had missed!

... except I have no idea how to enter it.

6 - In the Upper Goagh-Nar (2nd map) it's right next to the Eastern staircase.
Stupid is as stupid does

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:22 PM #4 Wrapping up Goagh-Nar

Some places are simply walk through a wall.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Ishad Nha Ishad Nha

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,773
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:05 AM #5 Wrapping up Goagh-Nar

"1 - At the topmost center area of Under Goagh-Nar... I simply cannot figure out how to get there. Maybe it's Romans only?"
It is state 24 in the relevant town script, it is only Romans only.

"5 - The other locked chest, located in the small gray rectangular room just above the Eastern gatehouse (the oblongly-shaped maroon room just to the right of the path leading North from the very bottom. I assume this is also simply a chest that can be unlocked by the 5th or 6th key."
States 31 and 32 are being called, they require Sylak keys 4 and 5 respectively.

"6 - In the Upper Goagh-Nar (2nd map) it's right next to the Eastern staircase. "
There is no way in, the two chests are both empty.

Watcher

• 169 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:38 AM #6 Wrapping up Goagh-Nar

View PostRandomizer, on 03 October 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Some places are simply walk through a wall.

None of the areas I mention can simply be walked into, I extensively test walls.

[EDIT: Not to imply I can't miss things, I just mean in this particular example I'm confident I didn't]

View PostIshad Nha, on 04 October 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

"1 - At the topmost center area of Under Goagh-Nar... I simply cannot figure out how to get there. Maybe it's Romans only?"
It is state 24 in the relevant town script, it is only Romans only.

"5 - The other locked chest, located in the small gray rectangular room just above the Eastern gatehouse (the oblongly-shaped maroon room just to the right of the path leading North from the very bottom. I assume this is also simply a chest that can be unlocked by the 5th or 6th key."
States 31 and 32 are being called, they require Sylak keys 4 and 5 respectively.

"6 - In the Upper Goagh-Nar (2nd map) it's right next to the Eastern staircase. "
There is no way in, the two chests are both empty.

Okay, good to know for 1 & 5. I didn't even know there were two chests in 6, huh! I guess it was just never fully added in the final product.
Stupid is as stupid does

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users