Exile I Hidden Aranea Cave To The SW? [Dispel Barrier]

Vexivero

Here is what the hint book for Exile I says about the spell "Dispel Barrier":

"Mairwen (Fort Dranlon). To get it, you need to bring her the slith tome from the slith town in the swamp on the other side of the river. This can also be found in a hidden aranea lair far to the southwest."

This is highly confusing to me. I have been to the far southwest of the map where For Remote and Sulfras' lair is and found nothing. I also looked at the world map in the hint book and it does not seem to show anything about this hidden aranea lair. The only two aranea lairs I am aware of and both are near the GIFTS, far north. If anybody can help me out I'd appreciate it. I am just wondering whether Jeff made a mistake or this is an unlisted dungeon.

The hidden aranea lair is west of Fort Remote, then south, and east. I don't remember if you need to walk through a wall to enter it.

It's not a dungeon, but a special encounter where you fight aranea and then there is an option to read a book if you defeat them.