Avadon 2 Sound issues and Sorcerer Haste bug?

SapientCrow

Hello,

I recently got the gog version of Avadon 2.

At random in some areas the ambient sounds are non-existant. Just dead silence. Is this intended?

(Redbeard's Tower area, Watcher Ibu area, Cave with 2 Ghorum ogres?) those are a few spots that it happens as well as the overworld in the decaying border area of corruption.

Also I have resistant chant with sorcerer and it is at level 7 which it states party gets hasted sometimes when used. I have yet to see it once work out that anyone is hasted from this spell. Battle frenzy and potions work but the spell in question on the right part of the tree at 6+ does not haste my party members ever. Is this a problem that can be fixed or is imporperly tagged in the tooltip of the spell?

thanks

There is a minor bug with some secondary effects on spells and abilities, which is that ability points from equipment won't contribute to meeting the threshold for enabling those effects. (Those points WILL contribute to the ability strength, so long as you have enough regular ability points to enable the effects.)

I forget how the +1/+1/+1 column bonuses are treated. But this sounds likely to be what you're experiencing.

No idea about the ambient sounds, but they are definitely intentionally louder and quieter in different places, so that may be intended.

Also I have resistant chant with sorcerer and it is at level 7 which it states party gets hasted sometimes when used. I have yet to see it once work out that anyone is hasted from this spell. Battle frenzy and potions work but the spell in question on the right part of the tree at 6+ does not haste my party members ever. Is this a problem that can be fixed or is imporperly tagged in the tooltip of the spell?

Are you talking about Arcane Blessing? If so, you can't get the Haste effect by selecting that ability; you have to pick the icon immediately to the right of it, the one that looks like a running man (marked with the letter L). That ability becomes available when you raise AB to level 6, but it's separate. The only thing they share is their cooldown.

You should also be aware, if you aren't already, of the distinction between Haste and Battle Frenzy: BF gives you extra action points, whereas Haste only gives you a (1 in 3 I think?) chance of using fewer action points for your action on any given turn, leaving enough for a second action.

Thanks. I found out I simply did not look inside my abilities. I thought it was an added potential effect from resist chant.

How about the sound though?

Upon reaching the Tawon area there are literally huge areas that are dead silent. There is no wind nothing. Is this in error and only on the gog version?

I know sound has been odd with these titles as I literally still can not figure out what that baby gurgling sound is in towns.

I just am curious if the silence in Tawon was an attempt at showing that everyone has vacated the area or something is missing?

thanks