Avernum 2 Let's Play!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dank, dark cave filled with rotting creatures trying to claw my face off. Yep, just another day of being an adventurer.

There aren't other kind of caves in Avernum.

There are three Black Drake Fang quests but only one is given in the Tower of Magi...

If my memory serves me correctly player needs to decide to whom to give fangs since there are more of those who want fang than fangs.

There are 3 that want the 2 Black Drake Fangs.

A dank, dark cave filled with rotting creatures trying to claw my face off. Yep, just another day of being an adventurer.

You wouldn't be an adventurer if you didn't go everywhere looking for loot. Towns don't take very long, then owners get mad when you poke through their belonging and pretty soon the whole town is hostile. It later games, Jeff started putting in reminders that people don't like you doing that.

I had all PCs buy a Vahnatai Lore level of 5.

You missed two hidden areas in the dungeon you explored in the previous episode.

I don't recall if you found both hidden areas in Dothtar L2.

Places you have been that have magical barriers:

Egli in Vahnatai lands

Cave of Motrax, laboratory area.

Unfinished Fort

You may have dispelled these barriers, I forget:

NW Vahantai Fortress

SW Spiral Pit

You will see how much tougher the dungeon in the Waterfalls is compared to its A1 counterpart.

One approach, if you hit an impassable barrier or door you can make a note someplace.

Alternately you can record some message in your A# Journal. Some doors and barriers won't generate a suitable message, hence you will have to record any message that you can.

Edited by Ishad Nha

Doomguards: my approach is Sanctuary and Mass Healing. I just evade them, never did figure out how to fight them in a reasonable amount of time. Renew Sanctuary when it wears off. You can switch your front and rear PCs so the best-armored are in the rear of the party. Doomguards will follow you but won't follow you into side rooms?

Crates, same story as the Barrels, all three by the dock must be pushed into the river.

Edited by Ishad Nha

While I appreciate the suggestions, Randomizer's won't work because I can't hit them with slow (They're invisible, spells can't be targeted on them). That, and I thought these were Guardians and Black Shades (The Black Shades making the sanctuary option a problem), not Doomguards (Who by my understanding were powerful monsters that multiplied when hit).

Either way, I may have to come back here later.... as you will see in this episode.

There was a distinct pattern to the placement of the placed specials in the Hall of the Orb.

There is only one against the right wall.

My party was level 40 when they did the Orb retrieving. I don't recall it being all that hard, it was a tough fight but still not as frustrating as you found it.

In the Trapped Halls of Sixus, there are two possible endings:

(1) he commits suicide in unjustified fear of you

(2) he realizes you are decent Avernites

To get the second ending:

Go North, follow the North wall to the West as long as you can. Go South, use a Move Mountains spell to enter a storeroom. Then start doorknocking.

Locate Borgia Toadstools quest is now easy for you to do:

Talk to Clodeca in SE Egli, he will tell you where the Toadstools are. He won't help you with the magical barrier that stops you getting them. You will need Graymold Salve, the Toadstools are for Bind Foe, the first quest. Haste is given as a reward for the second quest, which requires you to get the Salve.

Ditto Safe Travel level 3 is easy for you to do, go to Motrax's Lair.

Blessed Athame: Caves of Chaos in the Waterfall Warrens, you have to do both levels completely.

Edited by Ishad Nha