Who still plays EXILE III AND BLADES OF EXILE?

Ircher

I'm 24 now; I first started playing this game because my dad used to find demo versions of games online for me to play, and this was the only game I kept coming back to. Originally, it was Exile: Escape From The Pit when I was I think 8. Then I eventually got curious and searched online for Spiderweb Software and came across their website, and started playing the other games. I only ever had the demo versions, though. So a little less than a year ago I decided I was going to finish all of the Spiderweb games I played as a kid once and for all, just to give some closure to myself. I haven't done that yet, but it's something that'll probably happen in the next few years or so.

I've tried a few times over the past several years to get an emulator working so I could play the Exile series again, but every time I just couldn't figure it out. I finally buckled down and spent a few hours figuring it out probably a good 4-5 weeks ago, and finally got dosbox to run my stuff. I spent a few days playing the first Exile and then jumped to Exile 3. I've been playing that for about the past month, and I'll probably jump to BOE pretty soon. I've just been raiding the Troglo fortress (if you enter the Troglo fortress through the giant layer, they respawn every day, so you can kill the troglo lord every day and farm him for magic plates, lifeshields, or magic halberds and sell any for 2000 gold each) and reselling the loot to the merchant in Lorelei[Yes, I've been doing this exact same procedure for a few weeks now, sad I know lol], then farm the merchant for skill potions. So now, I have a god party. I can walk into any town and kill their guards fairly easily, but at the same time it's kind of taking the fun out of the game. So I'll probably switch games pretty soon.

I don't think many people play it anymore; these forums are barely alive. But the Exile series is still the best imo. Nothing can beat a 6 person party.

It wasn't a crashing issue, I just couldn't figure out how to run an emulator. I'm not a computer guy by any means, like a lot of people on here. My problem was that I thought you simply needed an emulator and that would allow you to run the game; rather, you need an emulator to install an older version of windows, and then you can install an older game using that older version of windows. I only recently figured that out.

Sonewhat, i started playing Blades like last year; I havent done all the scenarios (to be truthful, just Vally of the Dying Things --- A Small Rebellion was fairly boring imo). Despite my attempts to make a scenario in the past (where i spend most of my times on Blades), I've yet to make one I'm sastisfied with, but right now, Im working on one that is probably boring, but maybe I finish.

As far as Exile 3 goes, I have completed the game once (like May 2013 or so) with extensive use of the char editor to heal in addition to easier monsters --- partially due to the difficulty of the final dungeon (Those vahnatai are EXTREMELY ANNOYING, never thought a level 7 vahn warrior was so powerful even against maxed out stats of a party of 6 about lv 30 with superior wweapons --- i cheated huge time)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I still play Exile III, i played the unregistered version for a while and completed the quests, finally i completed everything available in the area that it lets u travel(unregistered version will stop u from going any farther at some point). then decided to email the company to see how to register and now i play the registered verion. i dont require a emulator since i use windows 98 still