Can we make house buying a thing

Dryhad

It occurred to me that I usually end up with a surplus of gold at the end of every Spiderweb game, except on torment and hard I suppose. The house buying in Avadon 2 could have been expanded on.

I feel like Jeff missed an opportunity to try something a bit...experimental (not good, but a little different). Since Avadon is a wreck in the second game, the PC could invest cash that he earns in purchasing repairs for the fortress. Since there is, I believe, a limited amount of gold, the player will have to make choices on what rooms to reopen. A room can give extra quests, opens shops stocked with artifacts, improve the morale of the people in Avadon, or offer more training opportunities for the player. The rooms could even affect the ending that you get (like purchasing military rooms restores Avadon's ability to fight against the Farlanders).

A few examples of rooms would be

-WAR HALL (2000 Gold) - The War Hall is used by Redbeard and the commanding officers of Avadon to plan and coordinate operations across Lynaeus. This room improves Avadon's influence on Lynaeus. Effects for the PC: Hand Callan is relocated here and gives you more quests. Her rewards are mainly scarabs and rune stones.

-RUNIC FURNACE (3000 Gold) - The Runic Furnace is a massive structure that serves as Avadon's source of enchanted items and arcane items. This improves Avadon's military power, espionage and magic capabilities by providing its agents with suitable equipment. Effects for the PC: Craftmaster Nicodemius wanders here and offers to combine the items he's crafted for you into more potent items.

• 3 weeks later...

Things that might be fun (and fairly easily implemented) for Avadon 3 --

* Assuming that there are three adventuring areas again, the opportunity to buy a house in each of them.

* All three of those houses having adventure possibilities (like the ghost in the Disputed Regions house in Av2)

* The ability to use the buying furniture option to add to and improve your room in Avadon, or your teammates rooms (which can help to make them happy.)

3rd option won't see daylight since it'd make game more complicated and they are servants of Avadon so they should be satisfied on what they get.

... how does adding furniture to a section of Avadon make the game more complicated than adding furniture to a different section of a different map? How does making a character's loyalty changeable by answering their requests make the game more complicated than having it be changeable based on dialogue choices or missions undertaken?

And if they were satisfied with what they got, they wouldn't take so many bribes, now would they?

not trying to crap, its a nice idea but against game idea that hands are servants of Black Fortress (if it still exists in Avadon 3 and whoever rules in there (Redbeard quite likely)) and all what they need they get from their supervisors. if there'll be romance chances between chars then buying furnitures for their rooms would suit well.