GF 4, 5, cr_walk_speed not working? (scripting)

Trying out the GF games. Played 1 and some of 2. Have decided that walking around is just uggggh too slow. I have got to, got to, GOT TO move around faster if I'm going to play more of these games. If this means always playing as a solo Agent and distorting game balance somewhat so be it.

I found on the forum people talking about the cr_walk_speed var in gfNitemschars.txt. Sounds like the thing I need.

It works in GF 3, hurray!

The setting exists in GF4, but it doesn't actually change my walking speed. :( I did start a new game after altering the setting as I've seen people suggest.

In GF5 I don't even see the cr_walk_speed setting in the template gf5itemschars.txt. I tried putting it in anyway, hoping it would get picked up, No effect.

Does anyone know what I need to do to adjust the walk speed for my char in GF4 and GF5?

This is a Steam based download, if that makes a difference (I've seen this matter in some games).

I had a script editor change my walking speed once while playing G3. It had my creations and character instantly zooming towards the clicked point, with impossible speed. A little more fps, and it would have been teleportation (which wouldn't've been bad, but it doesn't give you that kind of speed).