It's Official: Of Good and Evil Released for Blades of Avernum

BainIhrno

So I've decided to go ahead and release the scenario now.

Of Good and Evil is a BoE scenario by Alcritas, and has now been ported to Blades of Avernum by myself. It is for level 10-15 parties (15 from the HLPM) and is rated Mature.

Enjoy.

Mac - http://www.sendspace.com/file/9kf6gk

Win - http://www.sendspace.com/file/vq9khi

Thanks everyone! :)

Looking forward to seeing what people think. I can't seem to edit the post, so some possible tags could include Drama, Arc Series, and Plot Fork. It's probably even between being linear and open ended, so I'm not sure what the best word is for that. The content rating also appears to be missing from the CSR post.

This is the first port of a major, full-length, BoE scenario. Hopefully it will be the first of many.

Depending on how many people play/like this scenario, I may consider porting the follow-up, Redemption, and working on that. There's a lot of BoE scenarios, though, that don't really seem "port-able", as the atmosphere is created with features in the BoE engine (such as An Apology or Roots) and may not translate as well in BoA. The idea of creating my own original scenario in BoA is still on the table as well.

I am working on an Exs file printout program that will make it easier to analyze the file for porting purposes.

Alint batch function, alint *.txt, shows a couple of hundred errors in OGE, a lot are simply typographical differences.

Moving Readmes and hint texts to their own folder makes it easier to use Alint's batch function, you don't get spammed with non-existent errors.

Edit:

I am working through the files correcting all the errors. Is this an old version? Many of the errors are all too familiar from the last version...

Corrections are finished, the uploaded 7Zip archive only includes the text files that actually needed correction:

http://www.freewebs....tCorrections.7z

Files can be accessed by the freeware program 7Zip.

I have found a few problems:

Start of the game, town 0, town State 12 is not being called. There is no longer any set_state_continue(12) at the end of state 11.

Briefing Area, Desk terrain type 230 looks more appropriate then type 229?

Town 22, Evergreen, dialog script: begintalknode 27 has some oddity, a legacy from the Mac version? It is unsightly rather than game-crashing.

question = "Uhh… you're kinda spooking me..";

This prints as: Uhh… you're kinda spooking me..

Find in Files function shows 20 occurences of this, Alint did not detect this?!

Edited by Ishad Nha