Geneforge 4 and the invisible mouse cursor

Aronaar

Hello there fellow Shapers,

I acquired the Geneforge Saga on Gog and never encountered a technical problem playing the first three, and then Geneforge 4 happened. I launche the game, no mouse cursor- I can still select somehow the titles. If I want to launch a new game, I cannot select any other class than warrior, and after that, the introduction texts are overlaying each other in an incredible mess.

Finally, once the game starts properly, still no mouse cursor. I know it's there- I managed, by chance, to select my character - but otherwise I am unable to see it.

I tried changing the compatibility, the resolution, it didn't to anything.

Would anybody know how to fix it ? My thanks in advance. I possess a HP computer, with Windows Seven, if that information is any help.

The first thing you can try is downloading the game again since Geneforge 4 uses a custom graphic for the cursor. Try downloading the Geneforge 4 demo directly from the Spiderweb website to see if the problem is with your computer or the game.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. You might want it after resolving your problem. :)