Small Rebellion Secret Quest

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
Lucidus Lucidus

Citizen

• Member ID: 3,919
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:31 AM #1 Small Rebellion Secret Quest

I am playing Blades of Avernum again, after all these years, mostly because I want to experience Bahssikava one more time (and I'm delighted to learn that there is now a sequel).

I am about half way through A Small Rebellion, and I have just earned a reward for completing a task which is not given by any character in the game - a hidden quest, if you will. It is not mentioned in Jeff's walkthrough, nor has it been discussed in these forums, as far as I can tell. It doesn't seem likely that I am the only person to have found this, so for the sake of completeness I want to make sure the information is recorded somewhere.

East of Liam, and north of the swamps, is a standing stone surrounded by trees. If you make your way up to the stone, you get a message which says 'First Stone.' There are three more stones, and if you touch them all in order, you get a nice reward.

The second stone is all the way on the west side of the island, southeast of the mountains. The third is east of Fahl, at the end of a short passage into the mountains. The fourth is near the east coast, just south of the mountains. The reward is a Warrior's Ring, with good attack bonuses - certainly one of the nicest pieces of jewelry in the scenario.
Lucidus

Kelandon Kelandon

!!!

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 2,682
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:39 AM #2 Small Rebellion Secret Quest

Intriguing. I don't remember encountering that before, but as my posts in this forum prove, I don't remember a lot of what I did back in 2004-06.

I hope you enjoy Exodus. It took something of a beating at the time it was released, but I'm continually surprised by the number of people who continue to post that they're — even now — replaying Bahssikava and it.

Frankly, I think I made both scenarios too hard. When I replay them now, I replay them with a god party, and it's more fun. But maybe it's nice to have the challenge the first time.
VCH: I believe we settled this way back when: Kelandon was the most attractive.
SoT: You'd be happy, too, if you were such a clever spider.
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!

Randomizer Randomizer

Tormented Battle Mage

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 4,341
  • 15,886 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:43 AM #3 Small Rebellion Secret Quest

I never found more than the first two.
"I don't know how we can ever repay you!" - Rescued damsel in distress
"Oh, I'm sure we can think of something .... How much gold do you have?" - "Hero"

"We're all screwed if Cthulhu shows up. Try to enjoy life in the meantime." - Adam Rawnsley

Lucidus Lucidus

Citizen

• Member ID: 3,919
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:59 PM #4 Small Rebellion Secret Quest

It has been several weeks now since I finished A Small Rebellion, and I had better post this before I forget.

There is a special weapon, the Quickload Crossbow, which appears in the custom item list and therefore in Artifacts Hall. However, I don't believe it is actually used in the scenario. Can someone double-check this?

And Kelandon, when I go back and read the reviews of Blades of Avernum scenarios, I am amazed at how misguided many of them are. There seems to have been a widespread opinion that the scenario editor should be used to make games as different as possible from Jeff Vogel's original Exile and Avernum games. I couldn't disagree more. Many of the BoA scenarios are clever and inventive, but Bahssikava is the only one which gave me something like the experience I look forward to from these games.
Lucidus

bladesan bladesan

New Arrival

• Member ID: 14,524
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:29 PM #5 Small Rebellion Secret Quest

Lucidus, awesome tip. I just confirmed this also exists in the original BOE also. Except the reward is a Gold Ring of Protection (Defend 7)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users