Updating the Dialogs

Celtic Minstrel

Quite a few dialogs in the game contain information that is now obsolete. I've marked most of these with TODO comments but haven't updated them, so that's something that needs doing. If anyone feels like doing this, feel free; any questions about what new information to add can be posted in this thread.

The XML files for the dialogs can be found here. If you just want to see the ones that need updating, try here; I'm not entirely sure if that search will catch all of them, but it'll include most of them. There will be more dialogs pushed up as I convert them; all the ones used by the game proper are there, but those used only by the editors aren't up yet.

No, the CSS and XSL is merely my way of quickly previewing a dialog (in the browser) without launching the program. The game itself doesn't use it.

(For that to work properly, you also need an img folder in with the dialogs, which I haven't committed because it's duplicates of the images used by the game. I could zip it and upload it somewhere, though.)

The XSD schema isn't used by the game, but I have a build stage in XCode which validates the dialogs against it before compiling.

Oh, I almost forgot - I think there are some bits of out-of-date information in the strings to, here. I converted these with a script, so I don't know how much outdated info there is, but I saw some things in Tip of the Day at least (tips.txt) which could use updating.