No spellcaster party? (challenge)

Fireball Fodder

Hi everyone, I'm a veteran of the Exlle games, and have finally returned to them after like more than a decade.

I've played through all three games with a typical 6-PC party, and am looking for more of a challenge. I managed to beat Exile I with 3 PCs, and it wasn't much harder except at the beginning. Now I'm playing a singleton, and it *is* significantly harder.

But then I thought about how to make it even harder, so I had the idea of trying a party with no mages or priests whatsoever (spell-casting items and alchemy are allowed though). Has anyone tried this? Is it even possible, or will the lack of certain spells (Ritual of Sanctity, Dispel Barrier) make the game unwinnable? Also, I imagine dealing with enemy mages will be extremely difficult, especially in Exile III. Any thoughts?

Exile III will be easier once you reach and join the Anama since then you gain access to cheap ingredients for alchemy and piercing crystals for magically locked doors and chests and barriers.

Exile I will be harder since you have the least item slots to make it harder to split potions among the party.

The plus side is monsters in dungeons respawn so you can quickly gain experience to gain levels for the harder areas.