Geneforge: Passing the hot lava floors in the inner crypt

I checked the inner crypt in Geneforge. I couldn't find/remember any lava pits.

Regardless:

I hope you have the augment skill(From your healing arts). Or some sort of blessing skill for defense like essence shield.

Usually lava pits can be turned off. Look around and see if there is a lever/control pedestal. If all else fails, I'm afraid you're going to have to settle for using a creation to walk over the pit and see if there is anything important past it or find another route around.

There doesn't seem to be any way to turn them off but in failure I went back to my giant trash pile of stored items in Pentil and grabbed a rod of defenses which gave enough of a defense buff to allow my shaper to survive the crossing.

Had no idea there was a third buff beyond haste and war blessing or that it would be that powerful, very nice. Actually managed to take some hits from a shaoli mage with it up.

There are Sholai mages in the Inner Crypt? Or were you in a different zone at that point?

Sorry, I should have specified. It was a different zone I went to after clearing the crypt. Used the rod on a guarded bridge I had trouble passing before, made it through quite easily this time.

Thanks for the advice, guys.