Avernum: Escape from the Pit - can't save game

Bragrag

Hello,

topic title says it all, really. Playing Avernum on Windows 7 on my laptop, downloaded the demo from Spiderweb Software site. When I try to save a game, everything seems fine - no errors, nothing like that. But my save list is empty. Played through the start caverns - I even had some notifications about successful autosaves, but autosave is also empty! Same with quick save, after hitting F3 the game tells me quicksave has been done, but there's nothing in there - only empty savegame slots.

Help!

did you install game with admin perms or not?

1st step is to uninstall game and delete all remaing folders (like spiderweb folders in my documents) and reinstall game from fresh copy.

It didn't help, but looking for Avernum save game folder did.

Turns out Avernum was unable to cope with a polish letter in my user folder name ("ł") and tried to create it's own folder with some junk symbols instead - and apparently still couldn't save any files inside. Changing user folder name to one without polish letters solved the problem. Strange.