Shades of Gray: alternate plot?

naphost

I've just completed Shades of Gray, the aesthetically pleasing short scenario by Ephesos, and I've read some reviews alluding to an alternate storyline or ending. Maybe because my party was way over the recommended level, I never saw any special dialogue clues while mowing down the ghosts on my way to reactivating the machines.

Can anyone give me a hint for taking the alternate route (i.e., when the plot forks, which NPC to trigger it)? The dervish arrested me at the end, whereas he'd ignored dialogue previously. That wasn't enough of a clue for me.

EDIT: located the new character at the side altar.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to find an alternative ending, but gave up after a few times... I still have no idea why that dervish arrested me. The party members are not wanted criminals, because the dervish didn't react when I had a (brief) conversation with him before entering the church; so it is probably something you do during your investigation that makes the law enforcers mad? Well I forgot alot about the scenario since almost two months passed from playing it :)