Geneforge 5 Let's Play!

And lo, at long last I begin my Let's Play of Geneforge 5. With a two-parter! Great way to start, eh?

And yes, I know, similar character choice, but considering I'm going with a No-Cannister run, I think Combat Skills are easiest to deal with.

And remember, you can view the previous LPs here, here, here, and here!

Kinda off topic but what settings did you use with obs to actually get it to record the first game? ... all I tried seems to shrink the game size down to about half the screen size (and I have a pretty good idea why) which would be avoidable if I could find a way to use geneforge windowed outside of dxwnd which screws mouse usage up.

Kinda off topic but what settings did you use with obs to actually get it to record the first game? ... all I tried seems to shrink the game size down to about half the screen size (and I have a pretty good idea why) which would be avoidable if I could find a way to use geneforge windowed outside of dxwnd which screws mouse usage up.

I used "Software Capture". However, here's the thing... most likely, Geneforge runs at a resolution much smaller than your desktop. So what you have to do is change the size of the screen the recorder is recording at. Open up "Settings", click on "Video", and customize the Resolution it is recorded at to the precise resolution of the game you're recording (You can find this out on the Games page here, although I think the first game is 800 x 600).

And now, the next episode with... not that much here to be honest.