A Band of Wanderers (Hint please :)

Lost little girl

This forum seems to be dedicated to developing scenarios, so I doubt that this post is in the correct place, but on the off-chance that this post isn't moved or deleted... I've been playing through a lot of old Blades of Exile scenarios; some scenarios have been brilliant (Burned to the Ground) and some have... not (The Fog -- "beginner"? Really?) but I'd beaten every scenario I'd played and hadn't become stuck in or encountered any game-breaking bugs in a scenario... before playing A Band of Wanderers.

In which I've become stuck.

For days.

I've killed all the rats, and become friends with the weavers guild.

I've killed all the insects, and become friends with the mayor (allowing my party access to the circus).

I've killed all the undead and become friends with the slithzerakai.

But I can't figure out a way backstage at the circus. At all. :(

I know it is a long shot, but if somebody here has played that scenario... hint, pretty, pretty please? :)

Hi,

It looks like you missed "Spidy".

This is what I have 'on file'...

07, 11: Sign: Giant Intelligent Talking Spider. SPIDY. “I want to go home.”

Ask, “Home”. She says, “I got lost and these cute Humans stopped to help me.”

Ask, “Help”. She says, “Please pick me up and then go to the back of the Circus. That’s where all the Humans live and TERR is there, too. I can make the Guards not notice you going in.”

Click on “Pick”. She says, “We should leave now.”

Click on “Leave”. With Spidy hidden under your Cloak, you step over the Runes and head for the back of the Circus.

32&33, 20: Doors to the Backstage Area. Sign: Circus Employees Only!

Hope this is what you're looking for, If you need more, or something else, yes, someone else has played, and saved, the info. ;^}

me

Thank you Tonweya -- you are awesome! :) I thought that the GIFTS was important... but I also thought I'd already tried saying every keyword to them. Well, I've rescued the nephilim child now! (But I think I've bugged the scenario by completing the tasks out of order -- Tomas keeps telling me to destroy the altar in Trent -- which I already have -- and doesn't respond (in a useful fashion) to any likely keyword (trent, altar, undead, slith, cave, allies, welcome, feast, ... ))

Hi again,

Did you ask the word, "dead"?

This is what I think you missed:

Return to Walden. Take the Ferry to Devar, then return to the Wanderer’s Camp to speak with Tomas.

Ask, “Task”. He says, “You did a wonderful job of rescuing young Terr. But you have acquired a new Task in your travels. I have met with the Slith Chieftain and done some research. It seems the Empire did not destroy an Altar in Trent that summons the dead.”

Ask, “Dead”. He Says, “Well done. You are true Warriors and full members of our Camp. You have improved relations with our neighbors and rescued a helpless Cub. Well done. Your tasks have ended.”

If/when you are at an impass, click on every word, deliberately. This is also a good way to play regularly. I've found that there are times I've found 'links' that I might have passed by.

Also...

I don't think I'm "awesome", nor will I ever be. I'm just an old codger with way too much time on my hands. Years ago, our middle son, (will be 46 in May), was really involved in D&D with books and dice. Also, our oldest son, (will be 48 in October), was running 'boards on a C'64. I just happened to be around to gain some knowledge from them. Sometimes, parents do that, you know. Learning can be a two-way street. ;^}

There are some really great Authors to these 'games'; stay with them and you'll see what I mean.

be well,

me