A4 Encumbrance and Mage/Priest Level

mauro7inf

Hey y'all, two questions about A4.

First, how can I find my encumbrance level and how can I reduce it? In A3 it was visible in the skills screen and Defense lowered it a point at a time. Is there anything equivalent in A4?

Second, what mage/priest skill do I need to cast the final spells? Previous Averna would tell you the minimum level for each spell, but either A4 doesn't or I don't know where to look.

Thanks!

Encumbrance can be seen on the inventory screen. Unlike earlier games, you can carry more weight than your weight limit, but then you lose action points and can drop below the level where you can fight and cast spells. So it's recommended to clear out monsters and then go back through cleared areas grabbing the loot.

Spells need a level of 17 or 18 to get them all, however some of the top ones aren't always worth it.

I've been playing the A4 demo as well the past week or so too. I just completed the demo today, and I'm going to buy the second trilogy soon.

Anyways, I had the same question as you about spells. I found this site:

http://homepages.uni...owns/shops.html

Might want to consider leveling up only to 14 for mage and 12 for priest, but then again I don't know how you play. That's just what I'm going to do when I get the full version.

—Vexivero, who has yet to complete Avernum 5 and play Avernum 6 even though he bought the second Avernum trilogy about 8 months ago. One day, perhaps..