A few more questions

BainIhrno

Some things I'm trying to figure out...

1. Do creatures have a chance of not dropping an object even if their chance of doing so is 100%? There are two items in my scenario that are needed for side quest completion, but I'm still noticing that the creatures still don't always drop them (I've currently changed it so the item is directly transferred into a characters inventory after the creatures death, but this seems a little awkward.)

2. At one point, items appear that the party is not supposed to be able to pick up. They are all set as regular items, and are placed with a put_item_on_spot call. If the party looks at the item, however, it is listed as 'unused'. If there anyway to fix this?

3. Is it possible to set names for characters if you can't talk to them, without creating a separate creature type?

Thanks for any help.

1,2 sound like bugs, check the long list of BoA bugs.

"3. Is it possible to set names for characters if you can't talk to them, without creating a separate creature type?"

You have the set_name(#,"") call in a townscript. You may be able to do this from the Init State of a creature script, I don't know.

1. Do creatures have a chance of not dropping an object even if their chance of doing so is 100%? There are two items in my scenario that are needed for side quest completion, but I'm still noticing that the creatures still don't always drop them (I've currently changed it so the item is directly transferred into a characters inventory after the creatures death, but this seems a little awkward.)

Seems likely, given the screwed up way that BoA handles probabilities. I may be mis-remembering, but can't you give the item to the character, also? That makes it 100%.

2. At one point, items appear that the party is not supposed to be able to pick up. They are all set as regular items, and are placed with a put_item_on_spot call. If the party looks at the item, however, it is listed as 'unused'. If there anyway to fix this?

I think you've forgotten to set an item name. There may be a long name or a short name you've omitted. Check the docs.

I'm just saying this off the top of my head without looking anything up. If you check the docs and still can't find an answer, I can actually put in the effort to find the specifics.

• 3 weeks later...