• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
BainIhrno BainIhrno

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 3,311
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:09 PM #1 A few more questions

Some things I'm trying to figure out...

1. Do creatures have a chance of not dropping an object even if their chance of doing so is 100%? There are two items in my scenario that are needed for side quest completion, but I'm still noticing that the creatures still don't always drop them (I've currently changed it so the item is directly transferred into a characters inventory after the creatures death, but this seems a little awkward.)

2. At one point, items appear that the party is not supposed to be able to pick up. They are all set as regular items, and are placed with a put_item_on_spot call. If the party looks at the item, however, it is listed as 'unused'. If there anyway to fix this?

3. Is it possible to set names for characters if you can't talk to them, without creating a separate creature type?

Thanks for any help.

Ishad Nha Ishad Nha

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,773
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:55 PM #2 A few more questions

1,2 sound like bugs, check the long list of BoA bugs.

"3. Is it possible to set names for characters if you can't talk to them, without creating a separate creature type?"
You have the set_name(#,"") call in a townscript. You may be able to do this from the Init State of a creature script, I don't know.

Kelandon Kelandon

!!!

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 2,682
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:37 PM #3 A few more questions

View PostBainIhrno, on 23 December 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

1. Do creatures have a chance of not dropping an object even if their chance of doing so is 100%? There are two items in my scenario that are needed for side quest completion, but I'm still noticing that the creatures still don't always drop them (I've currently changed it so the item is directly transferred into a characters inventory after the creatures death, but this seems a little awkward.)
Seems likely, given the screwed up way that BoA handles probabilities. I may be mis-remembering, but can't you give the item to the character, also? That makes it 100%.

View PostBainIhrno, on 23 December 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

2. At one point, items appear that the party is not supposed to be able to pick up. They are all set as regular items, and are placed with a put_item_on_spot call. If the party looks at the item, however, it is listed as 'unused'. If there anyway to fix this?
I think you've forgotten to set an item name. There may be a long name or a short name you've omitted. Check the docs.

I'm just saying this off the top of my head without looking anything up. If you check the docs and still can't find an answer, I can actually put in the effort to find the specifics.
VCH: I believe we settled this way back when: Kelandon was the most attractive.
SoT: You'd be happy, too, if you were such a clever spider.
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!

Enraged Slith Enraged Slith

Revenge of the Slith

• Member ID: 27
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:03 PM #4 A few more questions

If you want a creature to always drop an item, just have their dead state drop the item on their location.

BainIhrno BainIhrno

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 3,311
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:01 PM #5 A few more questions

I'm also curious, does anyone know where I could find free artwork that could be used in scenarios (I know Bahssikava had a city mural) with the draw_pic call?

Ishad Nha Ishad Nha

Hand of Avadon

• Member ID: 4,773
  • 2,366 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:20 PM #6 A few more questions

The Louvre and Blazing Blades are presumably known to you. BoE you have to search scenario by scenario...
You might find stuff in other gaming systems, like BG2 modding.

nikki. nikki.

Humany-Wumany

• Global Moderator
    • Member ID: 2,313
  • 7,445 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:23 AM #7 A few more questions

Jason Engle is pretty good - I used his work in Discord, and they're the source of TGM's portrait pics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users