Crashing Bug

Pig Catapult

Specifically, some scenario-start-scene-setting picture montages cause the window to go white and the program to stop responding while eating up to 50% of my CPU. I know this happens with Backwater Calls and Dilecia, but the ones for the four default scenarios work just fine.

Is this at all fixable?

I've been having other bugs, too, like the game sometimes crashing without going white during cutscenes where the characters talk by floating over their heads if another program is playing audio, occasional severe lag in large battles while the computer is doing the enemies' turns (It stops, my cursor does the "waiting" animation for several seconds, then the game resumes at the start of my turn, the enemies' turns all handled), and, a couple times, parts of the UI just not responding at all.

I'm running Windows 7.

"Specifically, some scenario-start-scene-setting picture montages cause the window to go white and the program to stop responding while eating up to 50% of my CPU. I know this happens with Backwater Calls and Dilecia, but the ones for the four default scenarios work just fine."

A quick fix is to replace graphics that cause crashes with those that don't, find replacments from the official four scenarios. You can always look at the proper scenario graphics with a graphics program.

• 1 month later...