Screen resolution (Playing on a netbook)

Yukkkari

I've finished Avadon: The Black Fortress recently, and now I plan to buy Avadon 2 (using Steam). I have two options - buy single game, or buy full collection of Spiderweb games (including Geneforge and Avernum series) on Steam. I likу those games very much, I can say it from playing some demos, but I didn't finished any of them, except Avadon, yet.

There is the only problem, that stops me from buying such a wonderful collection of games: I play on a netbook. It meet all system requirements, except screen resolution (I have 1024x600) . So now I have strange situation: I can play earlier Geneforge and Avernum games (where 800x600 is enough), and I also play newer games (Avadon and Avadon 2 run smoothly with maxed graphics). But I cannot play second trilogies of Avernum and Geneforge just because of screen resolution problem.

Maybe there is some trick, a patch, an additional software or something else, that enables playing second trilogies of Geneforge and Avernum on my netbook?

Try using some of the utilities linked here to wrap the game and fool it into thinking its playing at a certain res. I don't know if they have that specific feature, but it's probably your best bet.

Thanks! one of this utilities, DxWnd works for Avernum 4 and 5 perfectly, so those games will be playable for me :) But in Geneforge 5 and Avernum 6 it is different - even if I run the DirectX version of Geneforge, it asks about screen resolution before launching the game, and simply doesn't launch. If I would know where game preferences are stored, I think I would solve this too...

In any case, thanks again - I'm very glad that will be able to play more games about Avernum, it was like unfinished gestalt for me.