A3 - Spellshards

Are spellshards ever useful? Do they make them more powerful in later games?

The idea of a gem that can cast a spell a theoretically infinite amount of times sounds great in theory- but when I have a very limited inventory and the spell that comes from the spellshard is a very weak version of the spell- it makes them not all that useful.

The one with unshackle mind is a keeper.

I'll keep my eyes open.

I've used a few other Spellshards- Bolt of Fire, Repel Spirit, Healing, Move Mountains, Lightning Spray, Ice Lances...

The damaging ones did pitiful amounts of damage and could target a seriously low amount of enemies, healing didn't heal much (admittedly by far the best spellshard I've used though) and Move Mountains failed to move the things I was already moving just by casting the spell.

It's a shame they don't scale to your level or actually function at a decent level. Have to assume they weren't tested much, or they were underpowered to prevent people from just abusing them.

same thing with scrolls and wands, really few are useful.

Ahh, I haven't been using those at all, despite saving up some. : /

I wish I could break my habit of almost never using items, but when they're less powerful or as powerful as what I could put out normally I just have no drive to use consumables... Wish designers would take this into account more often.